Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Jay Chou

My favourite singer. I like him since I first saw him appearing as a guest artist for Astro Talent Quest 2001. Some information about Jay that you might not know.

Jay began playing piano at the age of 3, showing enormous interest in music. When he was in 3rd grade, he had daily cello lessons. His parents divorced when he was 14 and as a result he became very independent. He studied piano with a minor in cello during high school. After high school, he did not meet the requirement of his selected university so he became a waiter. His first encounter with the music industry was when he entered a talent show as a pianist with his high school friend. He screwed up but producer Jacky Wu noticed his talent and decided to hire him to write and produce music for other singers. In 2000, he released his debut album titled Jay and the rest, like they say it, is history.

Absolutely talented and fantastic singer. Now I am feeling bad. Out of his 7 albums to date, only once did I buy the original version but I made up for it by introducing him and his music to my peers. I am really looking forward to attend his live concert in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home